Sunday, February 23, 2014

5 minute Friday-1- small

Five Minute Friday




Small

I'm a housewife.  A mom.  I wipe noses and counters and bottoms.  All day.
Money's tight.  five babies.
one for private school next year and the others?  homeschool?  keep trucking through public school with all the complaints that we have logged?  get a job?

money's tight...for anyone.  time for a new car.  these wheels are the best thing about our car right now.  I'm so so unfocused because I feel so very small.

Time to place all these little grinding sandy worries and anxieties at the feet of the cross.  Time to get out the oil of prayer and silence and let it clean those worries out of my gears.  Small bits of hope must be cultivated and not choked out by my unclear focus.  These worries of mine- they envelope me and it's time to let them be washed away.  Or my spirit gets smaller and smaller until my focus becomes a blurry dirty glass that won't let light through and certainly can't be filled up with freshness that is found in THE WORD.

                                                  

1 comment:

  1. I feel your struggle and the difficulty of life with kids. Nothing is small in what you do. I will pray for you and pray that in the busyness you can take the time to get into the word as you have recognized you need it. Bless you!!

    ReplyDelete