Monday, January 6, 2014

Here we go-

It's early in the morning and I'm about to wake up my crew.  I've had 3 cups of coffee, my coffee date with Jesus and some yoga stretching.  Yet- I'm apprehensive... my sweet seven year old has already been fretting throughout the night about going back to school and how much she doesn't want to go.  She says her teacher yells and has a mean face.  Y'all.  This breaks my heart.  For REAL...makes me want to keep her with me and throw the public school a couple of obscene gestures and homeschool her sweet heart.  Please pray for our family as we discern what is best.  My son is facing a difficult year as well.  He's 9 and crazy smart, but his handwriting is atrocious.  The school just wants him to type everything now.  I don't think this is the right path for him.  He has to learn to write- and they have given up.  I have purchased handwriting books and I'm working with him.
Homeschool... what am I afraid of?  Losing more of my sanity?  My children missing out on school opportunities that I would not be able to provide?  an out of control home?  an out of control mom?  Yep.  that kinda sums it up.  Any words you can give me to keep fighting the good fight at school to continue to push and be my children's biggest advocate?  or ... bring them home.    Thank you in advance for prayers...  rita

No comments:

Post a Comment